Niobrara Electric Association, Inc.'s Mission Statement
The Niobrara Electric Association was organized under Wyoming statutes as a non-profit cooperative organization. As such, we recognize certain responsibilities to our members, employees, and the communities we serve. We believe in equitable treatment for all members and we believe our members deserve the highest quality service. Our purpose, beyond this service to our members and communities, is to train our personnel so that each can fulfill his or her duty and provide professional service. We believe that all elements should work together in such a way that reflects our desire to be an asset to our community, our state, and our nation. In harmony with our philosophy we have formulated a summary of objectives fit for our purpose:
- WE WILL render adequate and dependable electric service at the lowest possible cost, on an area coverage basis, consistent with sound engineering and business practices.
- WE WILL encourage maximum use of electric power by members so as to improve farm production, living standards, economic health of the community, and assure sufficient revenue to meet the obligations of the business.
- WE WILL retire loans as early as possible commensurate with other objectives.
- WE WILL establish and maintain accurate records and systems of accounts to protect the members and lienholder and to make satisfactory accounting of business resources to members, lienholder and regulatory bodies.
- WE WILL establish and maintain adequate cash reserves to replace worn out properties, and to perform maintenance and right-of-way upkeep necessary to render adequate and dependable electric service to the members.
- WE WILL develop an organizational structure with trained personnel qualified to perform services required by members.
- WE WILL operate on a non-profit basis to the ultimate end that members will be receiving service at cost. This objective includes the refund of patronage capital to members on a first-in first-out basis.